Casa de Cooper Rental Contract – Privately Owned
Casa de Cooper is located within the town of San Juan del Sur in Nicaragua, Rivas Department. We are a family oriented Vacation Rental. We hate rules but we feel you will find this list is for your security and well being.
This private home is located adjacent to the Pelican Eyes Resort within Estancia de Cooper Property. There are 3 different configuration of units within Estancia de Cooper; 2 Bedroom Villa, 3 Bedroom Villa and a 1 Bedroom Villa.
- Check-in and Check-out must be prearranged by call Casa de Cooper’s Property Manager, Gabriel Zamora at 7783 6454, a local Nicaraguan phone number. Check-in can be done after 2 pm and check-out must be before 11 am. All guests are encouraged to arrive prior to 5 pm at the house to enjoy the sunset. There is a late check-in fee of $10 per hour after 5 pm on the day of arrival.
- There is aNon Smoking policy inside all buildings, including all bedrooms. Guests are welcome to smoke if using outside spaces. There is a No Pets policy at Casa de Cooper.
- Age Limit of Renters – Casa de Cooper is not available for rent by vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
- Payment – A payment equal 50 % of the total rent is required to secure a reservation. This advance payment is applied toward the rent payment due 14 days prior to schedule check-in date. The advance payment is not a damage deposit. Payment will be made via credit card. The remaining 50% of the rent must be paid 20 days prior to check-in, before keys are released to renters, and may be paid by credit card or in cash to the Property Manager.
- Reservation Cancellations – Cancellations or changes made within sixty (60) days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund or rent or deposit. You may apply any deposits to a future trip without penalty. You may choose to purchase travel insurance separately.
- Maximum Occupancy – A maximum number of guests for the different configuration is; 3 Bedroom Villa – 10 people; 2 Bedroom Villa – 8 people and; 1 Bedroom Villa – 4 people. If your party is larger than the agreed upon occupancy for any of the units of Casa de Cooper, present your needs at time of reservation and reconfirm your needs with your booking agent prior to arrival. If you exceed the agreed upon guests, our onsite staff will charge you $25 US per person per night of stay.
- Inclusive Fees – Rates include dishes, towels, bed linens and kitchen utensils, as well as beach towels for the maximum number guests deigned in the home you are renting. An inventory of all items is taken upon check-in.
During check-out our staff will take an inventory again. If anything is missing, broken or damaged and does not agree with the check-in inventory, you will be required to pay for the item(s) before check-out is completed.
- Services Included – Casa de Cooper is managed by a dedicated staff of workers who reside in the community. Workers are supervised by an on-site manager who is responsible for their performance and daily assignments. Services include daily maid service, gardeners, minor maintenance and repairs along with 24 hour security. We provide you a local cell phone which has the onsite manager’s telephone number. You are welcome to call that number for assistance.
- Rate changes – Rates are subject t to change without notice until guaranteed by reservation secured by a deposit of 50% of rental fee.
- Falsified Reservations – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
- Limitation of Liability – In no event shall the owners, agents or any other representative of Casa de Cooper be responsible for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages even if the owners agents or any other representative of Casa de Cooper are informed about their possible existence. The fullest extent permitted by law, I hereby waive any rights I may have to sue the owners, agents and any other representative of Casa de Cooper with respect to personal injury or property damage suffered by myself, family members or any other person who may be a member of my party and hereby release the owners, agents or any other representative of Casa de Cooper from any liability for such injury or damage.
- Weather – Nicaragua has two regular seasons, rainy and dry weather. During dry season (usually mid-November through mid-May) a high clearance vehicle is recommended to travel most comfortably on the coastal road north and south of San Juan del Sur. During rainy season (usually mid-May through mid-November), 4WD vehicles with high clearance are highly recommended and may be required to navigate coastal roads north and south of San Juan del Sur, ford small rivers without bridges as well as drive to most beaches outside of San Juan del Sur. No refunds will be given due to weather. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance. There is shuttle services to all beaches during both seasons for a small cost per person.
- By making your reservation deposit you have agreed to accept all articles in this agreement either with or without a signature. You also agree that you are responsible for all the actions of me, family members and any other persons who may be my guests in Casa de Cooper during the term of this rental. I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement by reference.
- Family Oriented – Casa de Cooper is a family oriented Vacation Rental, privately owned. We respect your rights to the use of the house but will not tolerate any loud or offense noises during your stay at Casa de Cooper. That is not to say that parties are not allowed. Just be respectful of other guests. No unauthorized people are permitted to reside overnight at Casa de Cooper without being registered. Occupancy cannot be greater that what is described above and listed on your confirmation. We observe quite time from 10 pm – 6 am.
- Utility Outages – There are occasional power outages in Nicaragua. During these outages we will do our best to provide electrical service with our 20 KVA back-up generator. Exterior pathway lights will be automatic at sundown. Each patio has their own switches to control the individual patios from both inside and outside.
- Automatic Door Locking – Our doors are set to automatically lock when closed. This is part of our security for Casa de Cooper. It is important that you either take your key when leaving the Villa or put the door stop down. Putting the door stop down will keep the door from “blowing” closed by the breeze you find while staying at Casa de Cooper. If you do find that you are locked out, our staff is on duty Sunday – Friday. You will have the staff telephone number that you can call after hours. If by chance you lost your key, we will have to change the locks which is very expensive. We will expect you to pay for this service.
- Security Box – There is a security box in each bedroom. The lock is a push button type where you will enter your own 4 digit code for locking and unlocking the security box. If by chance, you forget your security code, we have a lock-smith that is bonded and can unlock your security box in your presences. Please let the Staff know you need assistance. The lock-smith charges $10 US for the service if needed. Casa de Cooper will not be responsible for any lost items claimed by guest(s). The staff or owner have no access to the security boxes.
Casa de Cooper General Policies
Casa de Cooper is a 2 story Casa and may not be suitable for all guests. There are steps between the 2 different floors with bedrooms on one floor and main living area on another floor of the Villas. A car is recommended however, there is shuttle service provided for a small fee.
Casa Vista Paraiso is a two or three bedroom unit. Rates are based on 4 guest in our 2 bedroom and 6 guests in our 3 bedroom.
Casita Romantica is a one bedroom unit. Rates are based on double occupancy.
Each additional guest will be charged US $20 per night.
Guests not registered may visit your Villa for a maximum of 2 hours each day unless prior arrangements have been made with management. This is necessary since utilities for air-conditioning is expensive in Nicaragua. You may only have the number of registered guest who are registered stay overnight. Additional charges will be applied.
Quite hours are from 6 pm until 6 am. No loud parties are allowed.
A minimum night stay may be required during some holidays.
Late check outs will be charged 100% of daily rental rate.
Late check in, after 5 pm will be charged $10 per hour after 5 pm unless prior arrangements have been made or you are using transportation arranged by management.
Check out is 11 am and check-in is 2 p.m.
Meals are not included.
Rates and availability are subject to change.
We accept PayPal and most major credit cards through our secured PayPal account. We also offer secure credit card processing at time of booking though booking engines that we use such as VRBR, Booking.com and others.
We accept U.S.Dollars only. We CANNOT accept Traveler’s Checks or personal checks.
Guest will be charged for any broken items such as glasses, plates, chairs, missing towels and other items in the Villa during your check-in. Our on-site manager will check you in and check you out taking inventory both times.
Guest are reminded to keep doors and windows closed when running the air-conditioning. You will find that during the day, there is a nice breeze that will keep your villa comfortable. Please turn air-conditioning off when you expect to be gone from your villa for a long period of time. Electricity cost upwards of $0.60 US per kWh. We are a green property and ask that you conserve water, gas and electricity.
Fresh towels will be furnished as needed. When you need fresh towels, place your used towels on the floor and housekeeping will replace. You can also request fresh towels from housekeeping.
Deposits and Cancellation Policy
A non refundable deposit of 50% is required to guarantee your reservation at all times. The balance of your reservation is due 20 days before check-in.
Reservation is not guaranteed until deposit is received.
Cancellations made within 60 days of projected arrival will result in forfeit of deposit.
No shows and early departures will be charged 100% of rental cost.
All Special Rate reservations are charged immediately and are non-changeable and non-refundable.
Tips for Travelers and Guests
Do not bring Travelers checks. They are not a timed honored currency exchange system for travelers in Nicaragua.
Best to bring only Credit cards and Cash Cards that can be used in Cash Machines (remember to have an authorized PIN Codes as you will not be able to obtain them while in Nicaragua).
Also, report to your Credit Card companies that you will be traveling in Nicaragua to prevent having to have your identify checked after your first three purchases or credit card uses.
U.S.Dollars are accepted throughout Nicaragua. Bring a mixture of large and small bills. Most businesses will not change nor accept $100 bills. No one will accept bills with damage, including the tiniest mark or tear.
Nicaragua charges $10 US Dollars per person at immigration for your temporary visitor visa. Be sure to have the correct change.
It is recommended that the restroom facilities in the baggage area be used prior to leaving the airport. Your villa is approximately 2-1/2 hour drive from the airport.
The duty free stores in the baggage claim area is a good spot to buy beverages such as wine and other beverages prior to leaving the airport.
By payment of your deposit for your rental fees, you agree to these terms: